Monday, November 15, 2004

Anna Nicole's Not Dead

Apparently, Anna Nicole Smith isn't dead.

Last night at work, some poor, stupid man came in last night, terribly afraid that Anna Nicole Smith had died. See, last night I slept through the American Music Awards, and apparently Jimmy Kimmel said something to the effect of "Rest in Peace, Anna" or something like that.

This truck driver (who, apparently, is NOT a rocket scientist) couldn't tell if he was joking or not, and couldn't imagine anyone joking about something so tragic, that he believed that Anna Nicole Smith had slipped the surly bonds of Earth and touched the face of God, just as she was able to fit back into her jeans again.

Judging from newspapers and Internet news sites, either Anna Nicole's alive, or even less relevant to the mainstream media than Ol' Dirty Bastard.

Why do they let these people out of the house, really? Jesus.

To switch gears, I'm gonna put my wrestling cap on. Last night was the WWE Survivor Series, live and only on Pay Per View. And from reports it sounds like they completely justified my decision to buy TNA's Victory Road PPV and not Survivor Series. Tonight, I will struggle to break the three week streak of falling asleep during Raw.

Last time I had trouble staying awake during a wrestling company's flagship show, the company died.

Just saying.

Pet Peeve of the Day: When you're already going five miles over the speed limit and someone STILL passes you. AND the car in front of you that YOU can't keep up with.

That, and cellphones. I HATE cellphones.

And so my pointless exercise continues.

Allow me to wish tragedy to befall USC or especially Auburn, as we really don't need another stupid controversy in college ball this year too.

I remain...

The Famous Tommy Z

2 Comments:

Blogger Samir said...

Somebody has read your blog... Just a joke about your cool title. Anyways, I watched Survivor Series on Sunday night and speaking as someone who also ordered Victory Road, you made the right choice. We're you a fan in the late 90's? If you were, you probably feel my pain. I long for the good old days of WWF and WCW dueling Monday nights and us fans coming out the true winner.

Greetings from Albuquerque, NM!

November 16, 2004 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger The Famous Tommy Z said...

Ohh yeah, I've been a fan since the 80s...I grew up watching Mid-South/UWF, and was a die hard WCW fan until they died.

The Monday Night Wars were AWESOME until WCW threw in the towel, which seemed to happen around the time they became WWF-Lite under Vince Russo.

For what it's worth, I did stay awake during Raw this week. There was a certain curiosity to a show built around Maven...=)

November 16, 2004 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home